RPS designs and implements meteorological and oceanographic measurement programs for coastal and offshore industries that need the most reliable information on winds, met, waves, currents, tides, seawater properties and water quality parameters (including in-situ sediment concentration). We have conducted measurements in water depths from 4 to 4000m, from estuaries and coastal seas to the remote ocean depths. We have delivered to oil & gas majors, offshore wind farm proponents, government and defence agencies, ports, resource exporters and coastal infrastructure developers. Safety, quality and reliability are the cornerstones of our approach. Our industry leading data return and long-term record of operational safety are testament to that.
We understand that the data we collect is critical in developing safe, environmentally sustainable and commercially viable
projects, and we take great care to ensure that our equipment is prepared and calibrated for each deployment against the highest standards. We also are meticulous in our data QA/QC, with our oceanographic staff inspecting the entirety of each record visually, enhancing the advanced software processes that we employ. With a depth of experienced metocean engineers in our team, we also provide significant added value with interpretive analysis and extension to intelligent design criteria development.
We routinely provide measured data from anywhere in the world to our client’s desks through real-time satellite, mobile and other communications methods and our web-based technology. We also plan and support deployment for extended periods without intervention, reducing operational costs and improving personnel safety in the process.
How We Can Help You
We can use our wealth of oceanographic expertise and large equipment inventory to support your project needs from the early phases of development and assessment through to operations and decommissioning. Usual areas of involvement are:
- Scoping and design of your measurement program or real-time data system
- Turnkey execution of remotely moored projects comprised of one to dozens of moorings with a multitude of high quality instruments
- High accuracy and high frequency current measurement with our unrivalled, noiseless and calibrated CM04 current meters
- Robust and adaptable long term rig ADCP solutions for the drilling industry.
- High performance floating lidar wind measurement buoys for offshore wind farm resource assessment
- Design and construction of custom buoy solutions including multiple communication means and system redundancies
- Measurement and characterisation of transient problematic phenomena such as long period waves, internal waves and solitons