RPS has delivered the design parameters and detailed analysis critical to successful and sustainable project development in the marine environment for more than three decades. Our solutions are backed by our in-depth oceanographic knowledge, the seamless integration of measurement, modelling and statistical analysis and our extensive quality assurance processes. We deliver a balanced basis for design, ensuring that neither over nor under-engineering occurs. Our clients can take confidence from our pursuit of science driven safety and sustainability.
Our work has supported the marine and offshore industry deliver projects ranging from a small coastal structure through to multi-billion dollar energy projects. This work often begins with defining the scope of a high quality and targeted measurement program, an essential component in the development of high quality design parameters that will reduce both safety and cost risk. We then apply advanced statistical methods to this data and extend it by
developing and running state-of-the-art models of the relevant oceanographic processes in our dedicated High Performance Cluster facility.
Our work in modelling extreme metocean events such as driven by tropical cyclones and developing rigorous design criteria has long been industry leading. We can assess wind, wave and water levels during extreme events, including the important consideration of joint occurrence. We are also highly experienced with transient phenomena such as solitons and episodic internal waves, which are often important design considerations in our complex environments.
Aside from extreme structural design parameters, accurately defining operational metocean conditions is also core work for us, and we recognise the impact on safety, operations and in some cases project viability that inaccurate data can have.
How We Can Help You
Let us apply our knowledge and experience to benefit your project by:
- Helping you to understand the oceanographic environment you are working in
- Obtain quick but indicative early phase assessment of conditions
- Design an optimal measurement program to support operational and design criteria development
- Analyse, present and explain your data with clarity
- Develop sophistic numerical models of winds, waves, currents and other important processes to support accurate operational and design criteria development
- Work with you through all your planning, design, construction and commissioning phases to provide the critical information that you need
- Helping you develop a project where cost is optimised but safety is not compromised
- We’ll do the job right first time, safely, well-planned, reported clearly, and supported with expert advice to minimise your project management effort and providing long term return on your investment in RPS.