RPS is a trusted provider of numerical marine modelling studies supporting seabed mining operations from conceptual design, mine planning and optimization, development and crisis response. We offer industry leading sophisticated models and data analysis techniques that provides world’s best practice approach to assessing the effects from sea bed mining, including the fate of fugitive suspended material and operational discharges from support vessels, waste disposal and oil spill incidents.
We help our clients understand issues from spatial scales that range from hundreds of kilometres down to scales of local reefs and breakwaters, and over time periods ranging from days to years. Our modelling and interpretation provides critical input to the fine tuning of operations, such as quantifying the benefit of changes in mining tools, solids handling equipment, dewatering processes and waste material disposal.
How We Can Help You
Some of the ways that we can help provide clarity and understanding for deep sea mining projects are:
- Measurement and analysis of currents, water and sediment quality for operation and design
- Dispersion and fate assessments for sediments suspended by bed mining operations
- Potential effect and exposure risk analysis for surrounding sensitive receptors
- Planned or unplanned waste, chemical and oil discharge fate assessments
- 24/7 emergency response modelling services for oil and chemical spills
- Metocean forecasting and visualisation for construction, operations and support
- Web-based information portals
We can also provide support for environmental approvals, community engagement and project management through the extensive service offering within the RPS network.