RPS has a rich history of supporting the design, maintenance, construction and optimisation of coastal infrastructure assets for our clients. We provide critical information for design, derived from measurement, modelling and analysis together with detailed prediction of environmental change and performance used for approvals, permitting and design optimisation. We provide solutions to clients developing port facilities, recreational and residential marinas, public utility intake and discharge infrastructure and coastal protection works.
Our predictive work is developed using advanced modelling tools and in many cases risk-based approaches backed by our
knowledge of both ambient and extreme event drivers in the coastal ocean.
Our experience with coastal inundation, storm surge and sea level rise impact allows us to provide robust coastal risk assessment and design recommendations.
Our modelling and interpretive expertise extends beyond the physical effects of wave and hydrodynamic process, to the prediction of water quality impacts, complex contaminant fate and sediment transport influences on coastal projects.
How We Can Help You
Some areas where we excel in solution delivery are:
- Supporting coastal and marine Environmental Impact Assessments
- Measurement of coastal wave, current, water level and water quality parameters
- Definition of operational and extreme design parameters and guidelines for coastal assets
- Quantification of the water quality expected in new and affected development areas, including comprehensive flushing, circulation and ecological modelling
- Prediction of the fate of suspended sediments generated by dredging and disposal operations
- Prediction of the origin or transport, fate and decay of marine contaminants, including chemicals, bacteria and PFAS
- Assessment of waste discharge effects on the marine environment, including design optimisation and siting studies for effluent, thermal and desalination outfalls