RPS has supported the offshore wind industry for many years, playing a leading hand in the consent/permitting processes, due diligence, site assessment and development support from the early licencing rounds in the UK and the US. Metocean analysis, wind resource mapping and data portal development have formed part of our support package, which has now evolved naturally into floating lidar wind measurement and general metocean measurement for design and operations.
We say the evolution to floating lidar measurement is a natural one because it is no different in concept to what we have done since the 1970’s – measuring metocean parameters reliably in remote locations for extended durations for demanding clients.
Our clients are rightly demanding because the data integrity is paramount to design and yield calculations. We have met this requirement through the development of a highly stable and robust buoy, ready for any prospective wind farm environment in the world.
The MetOcean Science & Technology team can help you with much more than floating lidar wind measurements, offering the skills of experienced oceanographers, technicians, software developers and numerical modellers. We can help you across all development cycles of your project, and effectively integrate with our broad and unrivalled offering to the industry across the integrated RPS team.
How We Can Help You
The unique combination of our skills and experience can provide you with effective solutions to support you to:
- Reliably define the wind resource at your site with floating lidar measurement technology
- Understand and define the oceanographic environment that your project will experience
- Define practical and robust engineering parameters that deliver long term value and risk mitigating solutions
- Obtain leading metocean forecast data for operations and extreme events
- Provide critical systems for situation awareness and crisis response
- Understand and mitigate risks to the environment
- Provide our leading services together with our permitting/consent, site assessment, geotechnical, communications and project management teams