We are leaders in the development and application of modern computer modelling technology and analysis tools to support the offshore and coastal industries. When our clients need quantitative and objective assessment of the potential ecological impact resulting from the planned development of offshore and coastal infrastructure, we provide the tools and experience to confidently guide project development, approvals and compliance.
We routinely support operators, developers, public utilities and the consulting industry with comprehensive modelling and analysis that informs Environmental Impact Assessment, design and risk assessment. Our assessments range from short term discharge fate assessment, such as hydrotest and drill cutting discharges, to continuous effluent discharge of PFW, municipal waste and cooling water. We specialise in assessing both near and far-field fate over temporals scales from hours to years.
How We Can Help You
RPS excels in delivering specialised environmental modelling and analysis supporting the following applications:
- Quantitative hydrocarbon and chemical spill modelling risk assessments and natural resource damage assessments
- Mixing and dispersion studies for planned discharges including produced water, hydrotest dewatering, thermal and other wastewater releases
- Transport and initial settlement of discharged drill cuttings and drilling muds
- Prediction of the fate and effect of sediment disturbed or discharged by drilling, dredging, reclamation and offshore disposal operations, trenching, subsea mining, jetting and wash-affected systems
- Industrial outfall siting and waste impact assessments, including for thermal, brine and wastewater discharges
- Coastal processes and inundation modelling
- Remote sensing analysis for impact assessment and monitoring
- Landside spills from pipelines and other infrastructure
- 24/7 emergency response modelling services for hydrocarbon spills