Every day of the year, RPS systems and personnel are on standby to support the management of environmental disasters, pin-pointing locations for the recovery of assets and time-critical saving of lives at sea. Our experience and software systems are key tools used globally by oil & gas operators, response co-ordination centres, salvage companies, police agencies and government authorities.
Our service covers a wide range of emergency scenarios from surface water spills of oil or chemicals, complex subsea blowouts and search and rescue support. Our software provides prediction of the weathering and transformation of substances, through advanced science-driven algorithms and our extensive in-house
databases. We couple the substance fate prediction with multiple relevant metocean forecast data sets, with the degree of consensus providing a risk and probability-based decision making tool.
Critical to any response, our service is available around the clock and we provide rapid turn-around on forecasts and advice. Our models and our methods are highly optimised. Our data sources are always available and ready to be deployed for critical fate or drift prediction. Trusted by major agencies world-wide, such as the US Coast Guard, Australian Maritime Safety Authority and many major oil & gas operators, we are ready to help you be prepared and support you in times of crisis.
How We Can Help You
We can provide you with experience, 24/7 support, models and services to manage or complement your marine emergency response needs. Some of these areas are:
- 24/7 access to our experienced response modelling team to guide your mitigation planning and operations, or assist in your search, rescue and recovery mission
- Trajectory and fate prediction for oil, chemical, hazardous vapour and drifting objects.
- Reverse-trajectory modelling to identify probable origin of slicks and contraband
- Provision of desktop models and web-based tools driven by our industry leading modelling platforms such as OILMAP™ and SARMAP™
- Provision of real-time and on-demand metocean forecasting services to aid operational planning
- Expert witness support for marine incidents